Women of Note 2008
June 4, 2008 - LaCentre
Over 350 women came to La Centre in Westlake Wednesday June 4, 2008 to give well-earned recognition to twelve women truly outstanding in their fields.
As in the past, Crain's Cleveland Business and their sponsor, KeyBank, have done a tremendous job in choosing the women to be honored.
Crain's Cleveland Business
Women of Note 2008 Honorees
The honorees were:
Each woman spoke of commitment and responsibility, but an interesting thread throughout all of the talks was the need to have fun. They emphasized the long hours, the impossible schedule, the deadlines and the demands, but they also really enjoy their work and encouraged the women in the audience to be sure they feel the same.
- Joan U. Allgood, Executive vice president of Developers Diversified Realty Corp.
- Collette Appolito, President of The Presidents' Council
- Margaret Hewitt, Vice President of Construction at University Hospitals
- Hu Huang, Director of International Logistics and Customs Compliance, Kichler Lighting Group
- Helen K. Jones, President and CEO of Recovery Resources Inc.
- Elizabeth Juliano, President and CEO, Litigation Management Inc.
- Dr. Mary Laughlin, Medical director of Cleveland Cord Blood Center
- Daniela Mahoney RN, President and CEO of Healthcare Innovative Solutions
- Diane Nowak, Partner, Global Employer Services Group of Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Elizabeth Oliver, President, KeyBank Greater Cleveland District
- Karen Tuleta, Capital Markets Partner, Morgenthaler
- Susan Williamson, President, C.Trac Information Solutions
They all seemed to echo that you cannot be passionate and give your all to work you do not enjoy and look forward to.
One of the women, Daniella Mahoney, defected from communist Romania. Another, Hu Huang, left the rice paddies of China to make a better life in America.
Hu Huang, Director of International Logistics & Customs Compliance at Kichler Lighting Group
Margaret Hewitt is now Vice President of Construction for University Hospitals, as she says "a small town girl" working in the "big city of Cleveland" and in construction and at such a large hospital!
Diane Nowak is a partner in the Global Employer Services Group at Deloitte and Touche yet admitted to being nervous speaking to the women. She was there with her parents, as proud of her as she was of them.
Diane L. Nowak with parents Andrew and Delores Fifick
There were twelve women in all, each one as deserving as the rest. Hearing their stories was motivating and inspiring.
Congratulations to each of them and to Crain's Cleveland Business and KeyBank for another outstanding event.
Photos from Crain's Cleveland Women of Note 2008
Lisa Neely of KeyBank and
Hollie M. Ksiezyk of Ritz Carlton
Darcy Downie of Prevent Blindness Ohio
and Kim Harris of MCPc
Women of Note Honorees Joan Allgood, Collette Appolito and Margaret Hewitt
Mary Coles, Sandy Pogozelski and Barb Legan of Litigation Management, Inc.
Brenda Kirk of Hyland Software, Beth Eaton of KeyBank and Tamara Karel of Benesch Friedlander
Women of Note Honorees Hu Huang and Helen Jones
Debra Kaplan, Jim Miller of UH, Eddie Hewitt and
Karen Lorenz of American Express
Patricia Kendig and Anna Gutman of US Communications
Women of Note Honorees Elizabeth Juliano
and Daniela Mahoney
Eddie Hewitt, Margaret Hewitt VP of Construction at University Hospitals, Steve Standley of UH, Gwenay Conoglio and Lonnie Coleman of the President's Council
Joan Allgood of Developers Diversified Realty Corp.
Elizabeth Oliver, President of KeyBank Greater Cleveland District being honored
Honorees Daniela Mahoney and Hu Huang
Honorees Diane Nowak, Elizabeth Oliver, Karen Tuleta and Susan Williamson
Host Crain's Cleveland Business and Sponsor KeyBank join the 2008 Women of Note
Top of Page
Back to Cleveland Women Out and About