Are you ready to jump into the online dating game? With 50 million active subscribers to dating services, you just can't overlook this opportunity if you are single.
Once you enter this wide web of daters, what can you write in emails to entice your top picks to share coffee talk with you? What are the secrets to flirting online?
When searching for love online, use these 3 Online Flirting Success Keys and 10 Email Enticers to help you get to first dates faster. These advice tips are based on thousands of interviews with active internet daters for my book and SMART Man Hunting coaching services (http://www.smartmanhunting.com).
3 Online Flirting Success Keys:
- Keep it Simple: Use light-hearted emails with an upbeat tone to attract dates online. A 40-something female painter shared, " Make your responses simple and use easy questions in your emails to flirt." There is no need for long emails either. A 42-year-old Accountant told me, "I can tell if I am interested in 3-4 sentences."
- Humor is your Ally: A 35-year-old male film editor from Baltimore told me, "It depends on the person. You need to be able to read the person to tell what kind of humor you can get away with. Humor is definitely sexy and so is confidence because girls pick that up."
- Hand out Compliments: One of the best ways to flirt online is to extend a sincere compliment. One 28-year-old Financial Analyst told me, "I always try to say something subtle, but sincere." You might say to someone who plays the guitar, "I think it is awesome that you play guitar." She added, "Be sincere and don't throw out phony baloney."
10 Email Enticers
Try these 10 Email Enticers that can help you ignite sparks online in your emails. Your goal should be to get a first date fast. Keep it light and inviting:
- Where did you get that fantastic smile?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday with a date for fun?
- What would you do if we got stuck in a snow storm in the mountains?
- If you were going to take me out for a romantic evening, what would we do?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite romantic comedy movie? Why?
- How long have you been sailing? (ask about something in their profile).
- Wow, is that your cute golden retriever? (compliment something in their photograph).
- When are we going to meet to find out whether we would ever want to kiss each other? (Depending on the person, you can sound cute using this one)
Have some fun using humor and keep it simple when using these email enticers to flirt online. You will have better luck using levity and sincere compliments.
If your gut is not good, move on after a few email exchanges. You don't want to spend too much time online because you really can't gauge the chemistry until the first date. After three email exchanges, if a guy is not talking about a first date, just say Next!
For more internet dating advice, you can read about how to find the quality in the flood of emails, protect your privacy with safety tips and learn from he said/she said success stories in SMART Man Hunting.
Liz H. Kelly is a Dating Coach and author of SMART Man Hunting. She provides Profile Reviews, Profile Makeovers and customized coaching for singles coast-to-coast. Visit her online at http://www.smartmanhunting.com
Top of Page
Back to Relationships