Top Ten Decorating Trends for 2007
ShowPlace Direct, a home furnishings retailer, has announced the top ten decorating trends for 2007. The results have been obtained from polls conducted with furniture manufacturers and interior design firms located within the United States.
People are busier than ever and struggling to keep up with demands which makes relaxing at home a necessity. Overall, warm colors, warm woods and natural elements will bring a much needed relaxed, peaceful retreat feeling to living spaces in 2007.
Top Ten Decorating Trends:
1. Hand crafted furniture: Look for wood with intricate carvings, metal with detailed scroll work, and handwoven finishes such as rattan.
2. Leather combined with fabrics: Leather furniture is still hotter than ever but this year leather will be seen in a whole new way as it is mixed in with different fabrics to create texture and interest in home accent pieces.
3. Home made accents: From hand made sofa throws to embellished lamp shades, there's plenty of room for DIY projects this year. Anything that looks hand made or traditional is in.
4. Natural Elements: Bamboo flooring and rattan furniture are hot. Anything that reflects elements of nature such as wood is in.
5. Colors: Blues and greens set in a neutral background are the in colors for 2007. Wall colors in creamy beige's and gold with warm browns and pumpkin spice accents will be the dominant force.
6. Ethnic Furniture and Accents: The global influence in home furnishings is huge. With internet shopping it is easier than ever to find furniture and home accent pieces made in countries all around the world.
7. Space Saving Furniture: Big and bulky is out. Multi-purpose furniture is in. Narrower sofas, coffee tables, and dining furniture are all in.
8. Functional Art: Look for artistic home accents that serve a purpose. Design Lighting is an excellent example. A large selection of light sculptures can be found in lighting stores and on the internet. Almost all home furnishings are now being made in an artistic form.
9. Counter height bistro sets: A casual dining atmosphere is a reflection of today's busy lifestyles. A less formal setting allows families to relax and share a quick meal together.
10. Room Divider Screens: Both decorative and functional, room dividers are definitely making a comeback. Used in studio apartments to define living spaces they provide privacy and a feeling of separate rooms. In larger spaces, room dividers are used to break up the space or strictly as a home accent piece. Room dividers are also being used creatively, such as using as a headboard.
ShowPlaceDirect.com is a retail store featuring home decor and accent furniture. Visit the store for hand carved accent tables, artistic design lighting and room divider screens.
Top of Page
Back to Decorating