JCPenney Salons Offer
Inspirational Styles and Engaging Services
Q. Do acrylic nails hurt your real nails?
A. No, the acrylic itself does not damage the nail. Improper filing and improper prepping by the nail tech damages the natural nail.
Also improper maintenance by the client can lead to damage.
Example - not getting weekly or biweekly fills which can lead to lifting and breakage.
Remember a few tips when wearing acrylics:
- Wear gloves when you do your household work and when you do gardening.
- Use a tool for opening soda cans.
- Dial the phone with a pencil.
- Learn to do things with the pads of your fingers rather than your fingertips and nails.
- Test your hold when lifting heavy objects to be sure you won't break a nail.
- Never do anything that would put upwards pressure on the tips of your nails.
Q. I am a nail biter with short stubby nails. How long do my nails have to be before you can put acrylic nails over them? Maybe once I have nice nails I'll get over this bad habit.
A. There is a procedure that can be performed for clients with onychophagy (bitten nails).
The acrylic is used to create a free edge (the part of the nail that extends beyond the nail bed over the finger tip) The sculptured or tip is applied to the new free edge.
Q. Should my nail color match anything - or is it "on its own"?
A. It is recommended that nail polish compliment the client's skin tone. It really comes down to the client's preference.
Receive 10% OFF with any Visit
Just mention ClevelandWomen.com when booking your appointment
JCPenney Styling Salon
Richmond Town Square
701 Richmond Rd
Richmond Hts, Ohio 44143
440-461-8855 or 440-461-8064
Top of Page
E-mail a Nail question to our experts
Back to Your Look