Brides.com offers the following tips to find the styles that best flatter different figure types as well as some advice to keep you sane:
First, make sure you're an educated consumer. Visit websites that display collections of wedding dresses such as the brides.com Dressfinder.
Start looking for your wedding dress at least nine months before the big day. The dress will affect other choices, such as bridesmaid dresses, flowers and the headpiece.
- Set a budget and stick to it!
- Schedule an appointment with the bridal Salon and make the first appointment early in the day.
- Bring a few select members of the bridal party.
- Wear appropriate undergarments.
- Bring shoes with a heel similar to your planned wedding day.
- Make sure you understand the salon's policies regarding alterations, exchanges and special orders, too. Remember, the receipt is a contract - once you sign it, you're committed.
Lastly, when you find the right dress, you'll know: You'll grin like the day he