Home


What's New
Arts & Leisure
Fashion & Style
House & Home
People
Professional Advice
Resources
Times of your Life
Pre-teen/Tween
Teenage
College
Early Career/Family
Not a Kid
Empty Nest
About Us
Search the Site







Harry Potter
What the Fans Think


Harry Potter author J. K. Rowlings has already admitted that two main characters will perish in the final installment of the Harry Potter series. Most speculation is centered squarely on Harry: Will he make it through the series unscathed, or will he meet his doom?

That's exactly what we asked Harry Potter readers. Only nine percent say Voldemort will kill the young hero.

A little more than half (52 percent) say Potter sacrifices himself so Voldemort can be killed. Two percent say he falls off his broom and dies (maybe by a stray bludger?) A little over a third (34 percent) say Potter will survive the series and die of old age.

A few (1 percent) predict that Potter is immortal and never dies. The GMIPoll, powered by global market intelligence solutions provider GMI (Global Market Insite, Inc.), surveyed 509 Harry Potter readers online in the U.S. using GMI's permission based GlobalTestMarket consumer panel. The survey was conducted from July 14th to 15th, 2007. All participants were paid for their opinions.

Is Albus Dumbledore really dead?

The mighty wizard Albus Dumbledore was killed at the end of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, book six in the series. The controversial ending had many scratching their heads.

Did Potter's mentor, one of the most powerful wizards in the series, just die? Even after Dumbledore's funeral, only 25 percent of readers were convinced. The rest, a full 75 percent say Dumbledore is still alive.

Is Severus Snape evil incarnate or simply misunderstood?

Snape kills Dumbledore at the end of book six, but does that mean he's loyal to the Death Eaters? We already know that most readers believe Dumbledore is still alive, but what does that mean for Snape?

Is he a spy for the good guys? Forty-eight percent say he's good, but more than half (52 percent) say Snape is evil.

Harry Potter Vs. Lord Voldemort

This seemed like an easy question: will Harry Potter kill his arch nemesis Lord Voldemort? Most (77 percent) say Potter will kill Voldemort, while 23 percent say Potter will fail in his quest.




Harry Potter 8: The Post-Hogwarts Years?

Rowling has maintained that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the last in the seven-book series, but she is keeping the door open slightly. While she did say that another Potter book is unlikely, she also said "never say never" after a huge petition circulated over the internet called "Save Harry".

Most Potter readers polled (54 percent) say they believe Rowling when she says it's strictly a seven-book series. Forty-six percent say you'll see more of Harry after book seven.

The Potter series made Rowlings the world's first billionaire author, and we'll have to wait and see if she can permanently walk away from the wildly popular franchise.

Searching for spoilers

Few books have been held under such tight pre-release security as those in the Harry Potter series, but leaks are inevitable. Already spoilers abound for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, but how many want to know the ending before reading the book?

Almost 75 percent say they would not read spoilers. The rest (26 percent) say if they haven't already started scouring the internet, they soon will.

Buying Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Even with all the hype surrounding Harry Potter, most people say they won't get the book the day it comes out. Thirty-five percent say, "I'm in no hurry. I'll pick up the book when I have time." Twenty-five percent have pre-ordered the book and are having it mailed, which means it will likely get to them a day or two after the book goes on sale.

Nine percent say they pre-ordered the book, but will wait in line and pick up the book opening day at 12:01 am sharp on July 21st, 2007. Fourteen percent say they will wait in line hoping to get a copy when the book goes on sale. Ten percent say they will borrow the book from a friend. Two percent say they will check it out at the library.

Those who are really excited about the book are not alone. Twenty-three percent of Harry Potter readers say they are so excited that they plan to start reading at 12:01 am the day the book goes on sale.










Top of Page

Back to Pre-teen girls












Copyright 2006-2007 ClevelandWomen.Com. All Rights Reserved.
Questions or Comments? E-Mail us at:
Support@ClevelandWomen.Com