The class on Tuscan Bean Salad included the following bonus recipe for White Bean and Tuna Salad.
White Bean and Tuna SaladIngredients
- 6 oz dry packed tuna
- 2 (15 0z) cans Cannellini or Great Northern beans
- ½ c red onion
- 1/3 c capers, drained
- 6 TB red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ - ¾ cup olive oil
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Dice the red onion into ¼" dice.
- Mix the tuna, beans, onions, and capers.
- Put the red wine vinegar, some salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to a thick emulsion.
- Toss with the tuna and beans.
- Adjust the salt and pepper as desired.
- Again, the flavors develop as the salad sits.
- Add other vegetables such as tomatoes or cucumbers to either recipe for even more nutrients.